Saturday, January 21, 2012

Behind The Scenes: February Issue


The new issue is almost here. New Year. Same Song? - Hopefully Not! Featuring Jor'Dan Armstrong, Myron Butler, High Society Collective, Theory Hazit, Fondrea Lewis, KJ Scriven, Sonday and Brian Courtney Wilson.

a couple of things:
1. the design revolves around Jor'Dan Armstrong. His album Stronger was supposed to drop on 01/24. The CD has been pushed back and a mix tape called Jesus, Fashion and Beatz will be available for FREE  download instead. The single Tropicana will be added to NBG Radio.

2. I didn't have high expectations for Myron Butler's release Worship. I saw the word "worship" and read that this would be his first CD without Levi and was immediately... not interested. Sorry. I'm just being honest. I couldn't do another album of slow singin' and flower bringin' (i.e. Revealed) and "worship our (imagine me doing the quote sign with my fingers lol) way". Boy was I wrong! Got the CD early (thanks Cam Hilson at EMI) and I'm feelin it.  Favorites include Bless The Lord, Dwell Here, I Honor You As My King, Holy One. The project features guest appearances from Blanche McAllister and newly signed EMI Gospel artist Tasha Cobbs. A great mix of music. Pick it up this Tuesday. 

3. NBG Radio will be loaded with new music from Jor'Dan Armstrong, Myron Butler, Zebulon Ellis, James Fortune, Stephen Hurd, LeJuene Thompson, John P. Kee & New Life, Trip Lee and so many others. 

4. Did a lil "twit stalkin" #stellarawards during Stellar Weekend and tried to put together a Stellar Awards feature recappin' everything that happened. Borrowed (read: stole) a couple of twitpics n stuff.. Can't wait to see the show. Definitely looking forward to the John P. Kee tribute. #keestansunite

5. It's about time for a new outro. I have a few things I'd like to share... lol